Email marketing is a highly effective digital marketing strategy wherein commercial messages are sent to a group of people via email. Do you know why it is so effective? Read email marketing statistics futher in this blog to learn more about it,
It is the most direct and effective way of reaching potential customers, nurturing them, and turning them into customers. Email marketing includes newsletters with updates on the company or promotions of products/services and exclusive deals for subscribers.
At its best email marketing will help to keep customers informed and tailor marketing messages and at its worst, it can be considered spam and unsolicited messages which are considered annoying from a customer’s point of view.
A regular newsletter is a simple and effective way of retaining customers. For customers that are new, it is easy to schedule automated promotional emails through email software.
For example, a brand can send an email to their customer offering a discount on their birthday. This kind of marketing will help to be in constant touch with the customer and will help build customer loyalty.
Email Marketing Objectives
Increase brand awareness
The more often a customer sees your email in the inbox the more they are likely to give preference to your brand. Solely sales-based emails will not be useful instead the email should include educational content.
It will help in increasing sales if you constantly inform customers about the new products, hot deals, and offers. This can work wonders for your company if your product/service is top-notch.
Benefits of Email Marketing
Email marketing is cost-effective compared to other mainstream marketing techniques. It does not involve any printing/paper cost. It only requires software to automate, track, and evaluate the email.
Reaching an Already Engaged Audience
Emails are sent to only customers who have subscribed. It is targeted to people who have already had an interest in their brand. It is possible to send unsolicited emails but this is likely to annoy the customer and ruin the brand image.
The email list can be segmented and targeted to a specified set of customers. Based on the customer’s information you can send emails that will be of interest to them. Studies have shown that brands that segment and gain information about customers have achieved a higher engagement rate.
You can incorporate texts, files, videos, images, etc. in your email whichever suits you best
It is easy for customers to forward and share your email which results in word of mouth marketing and can lead to the acquisition of new customers.
You can evaluate the performance by using web analytics software. You can test your design and content and know which one works the best.
Increased traffic to your websites
It is a great way to get customers to visit your website. The email should include relevant links because an interested customer may want to know more information before making a purchase.
Drives Revenue and ROI
Email marketing is a channel that shows tangible results from the campaign efforts. Having a system in place for tracking email clicks, website visits, and conversions if you want to have an accurate picture of ROI and optimize campaigns accordingly.
Email Marketing Statistics
- In 2019 there were 3.9 billion email global users. It is predicted that in 2023 the figure would be 4.3 billion users, which is half the world’s population. These statistics show that email users are likely to keep growing and email marketing is a technique that everyone should salvage.
- In 2019 alone 293.6 billion emails were sent and received each day. The figure is expected to rise to 347.3 billion by 2022. Although new communication channels have evolved email is standing strong and only keeps growing
- 73% of global marketers consider email marketing as an excellent marketing channel, which is higher than SEO (72%) and paid search (67%)
- According to a MailChimp study, the average open rate of emails is 21.33% around the world. The average unsubscribe rate was 0.26% the open is way higher than social media apps such as Facebook and Twitter where the open rate is only 0.58%.
- For every $1 spent email marketing generates $42 in ROI. 59% of marketers cite emails as their number one source of ROI.
- Conversion rates of email are higher than social media and direct traffic
- Email engagement is the top metric to evaluate content performance among marketers. 9 out of 10 marketers say that they look at click rates, open rates, and downloads to see how successful a campaign is, more so than website traffic and social media analytics
- Nearly 9 out of 10 marketers use email marketing to distribute content organically
- Checking emails on mobile is especially common with younger crowds. 40% of people 18 years old and under will always open an email on their mobile-first.
- According to data, interactive emails can increase click rates by 300%. Marketers also tend to include sliders, collapsible menus, and GIFs to make their emails look better to customers. Also, don’t forget to make sure that all of your interactive emails are optimized for mobile devices. Emails with personalized subject lines generate 50% more clicks.
- According to data, 99% of us check our emails on daily basis making email marketing the most effective way to be in touch with their customers.
- 49% of customers have said that they would like to receive promotional emails on weekly basis from their favorite brands. 60% of customers subscribe to emails to avail of discounts or hot deals compared to the 20% that follow brands on social media.
- 80% of business professionals believe that email marketing increases customer retention.
- As mobiles claim 51% of the market share, mobile email marketing is an important aspect to consider. Your campaign must be mobile optimized otherwise you can miss out on a lot of potential customers
- 77% of b2b use email marketing strategies and 79% of b2b marketers find email marketing successful for them.
Pro Tips for Email Marketing
Encourage readers to reply
The brand should be able to open doors for conversation and reply. The subject line should be irresistible and eyecatching.it should not be too much information being thrown at the subscribers. The content should be segmented to reach the right type of audience. Email marketing is all about the subscriber. Engage them with interesting stories and look for ways they can interact with your content.
Never send out emails without properly testing them. Ensure that all the links work. The design of the content in the email should be clean and crisp. Poorly formatted content can do harm to the brand image.
Use good software to track the open rates, clicks, etc. it is important to know that the email design and format is suited to the brand. Keeping close track of data can help you measure email performance.
The preview text must be creative and eye-catching because it’s the first thing that the subscriber is going to see. Don’t use cliché and sales heavy language in your email. The contents of the email should keep evolving; subscribers do not want to see the same content repeatedly. The information in the email should be relevant to the subscribers, which is why segmentation is important. The chances of emails being considered, spam and annoying are likely therefore understand the needs of customers.do not bombard your customers with emails every day.
Also Read: PPC Statistics- All You Need To Know